USA: ACLU challenges funding of religion in abstinence-only sex education
Source:American Civil Liberties Union
A lawsuit has been filed which challenges the federal government's funding of religious activities in the "Silver Ring Thing," a nationwide ministry program that uses abstinence-only sex education as a means to bring "unchurched" students to Jesus Christ.
Submitted on Thu, 05/19/2005 - 00:00
- Kenya: Rita, "I feel cheated of my right to decide whether to give birth or not".
- Sierra Leone: Shifting Tide On Abortion Law.
- Tunisia: Tunisian Women Address Post-Revolution Access To Abortion Services.
- South Sudan: Contraceptives Give Women the Right to Choose.
- UN: Marrying Too Young, End Child Marriage Report
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- Update: Kyrgyzstan: Continued access to abortion - safe, for now
- Kyrgyzstan: Support the campaign to ensure continued access to abortion
- USA: Polygamy related abuses in Utah
- Legal Empowerment of Unwed Mothers: Experiences of Moroccan NGOs
- WSF: Religious fundamentalisms and repression of reproductive and sexual rights
- Time to Speak Out: Illegal Abortion and Women’s Reproductive Health in Pakistan
- Dossier 22: Exploring the Context of Women’s Sexuality in Eastern Turkey
- Dossier 18: Sex and the Single Shi’ite: Mut’a Marriage in an American Lebanese Shi’ite Community