Ghana: Haggling over domestic violence continues
Source:Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
A forum was held in Accra, to bring Christian leaders from churches together to discuss the draft Domestic Violence Bill, which seeks to address the gaps in the current legislation. They also examined related issues of gender in relation to Christianity.
Submitted on Mon, 05/23/2005 - 00:00
- U.S.A: Stabbing of Muslim Woman in East Bay Shopping Center Stirs Up Fears for Community
- Mali: Displaced Malians turn to survival sex
- Pakistan: Harassment of female voters, aid workers shadow historic Pakistan election
- Tunisia: Amina Tyler, Tunisia’s ‘topless jihad’ Activist, Caught and Under Arrest
- Afghanistan: Parliament fails to pass divisive women's law
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Sudan: Crackdown on Nuba Women Human Rights Activists!
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL URGENT ACTION: Teacher charged and faces death penalty
- Jalila Khamis formally charged and faces EXECUTION!