India: The gender of Islam
Could progressive readings of Islam enhance women's rights? In India, Margot Badran talks to Muslims who see religion as a way to emancipation.
Submitted on Wed, 06/15/2005 - 00:00
- India: Activists Press for Participation of Muslim Women
- Saudi Arabia: "There is not one law in Saudi Arabia that regards violence toward women as an illegal activity": what's really behind Saudi's domestic abuse problem?
- Malaysia: Outrage After Sharia Court Allows Rapist to Marry His 13-year-old Victim
- Iran: Iran’s ban on female presidential candidates contradicts Constitution
- Pakistan: Leading Pakistan politician Zahra Shahid Hussain killed outside home
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Pakistan: Ensure safety of Asia Bibi and her family and repeal Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws