Pakistan: Travel ban on rape victim lifted
The Pakistan government has lifted a foreign travel ban on the victim of a high profile gang rape, Mukhtar Mai. But Ms Mai has told the BBC that her passport has been confiscated so the move is meaningless.
Submitted on Fri, 06/17/2005 - 00:00
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.