UN: Important UN document on gender rights
An important UN comment/summary of the latest UN position on gender rights, due diligence, and state actors and the role of custom.
The Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights has issued at the end of its last session a new General Comment on the equal right of men and women to the enjoyment of all ESCR.
Submitted on Sun, 07/17/2005 - 00:00
- Algeria: voices for democratic transition cannot be silenced
- CPD47 Statement: It’s Unacceptable for Youth SRHR to be Deemed “too Controversial”
- Iran says woman sentenced to stoning given "leave" from prison
- Fed up with Iran's draconian dress code, women flout the rules - report
- Sultan of Brunei threatens his citizens following online criticism of Sharia law plan
- URGENT ACTION: Call on States to Support UN Resolution on WHRDs
- DRAFT UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY RESOLUTION ON WOMEN HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDERS UNDER ATTACK!
- Urgent Call to Denounce Sudanese State Violence
- Sudan: Darfuri Activist in Detention for 6 months without charges!
- Sudan: Female lawyer detained, risks torture!
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System
- Islam, Land, and Property: Muslim Women and Property
- Pathways to, conditions and consequences of incarceration for women
- Summary of information from States Members of the United Nations and other relevant stakeholders on best practices in the application of traditional values while promoting and protecting human rights and upholding human dignity
- Stop Stoning Women Now - Global Campaign Toolkit