UN: Important UN document on gender rights
An important UN comment/summary of the latest UN position on gender rights, due diligence, and state actors and the role of custom.
The Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights has issued at the end of its last session a new General Comment on the equal right of men and women to the enjoyment of all ESCR.
Submitted on Sun, 07/17/2005 - 00:00
- Iran: Harsh prison sentences for two female activists highlight rampant injustice
- Egyptian activist Mahinour El-Masry sentenced to 15 months in prison
- Egyptian activist Mahinour El-Masry arrested again
- Sudan: Surge in Detention, Beatings, Around Elections
- Missing female Sudanese rights activist found beaten in street
- Egypt: Judicial harassment of Ms. Azza Soliman
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- Religion, Culture And Tradition: No Excuse For Violence
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Egypt: #noprotestlaw campaign abridged toolkit
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System