UN: Important UN document on gender rights
An important UN comment/summary of the latest UN position on gender rights, due diligence, and state actors and the role of custom.
The Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights has issued at the end of its last session a new General Comment on the equal right of men and women to the enjoyment of all ESCR.
Submitted on Sat, 07/16/2005 - 23:00
- Egypt: Press Release by the Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders on the Appeal Verdict in the Case of Yara Sallam and Sanaa Seif
- Prominent Women Human Rights Defender Esraa Abdel-Fattah Banned From Traveling Outside Egypt
- Bangladesh: Government plans to relocate camps cause fear and anxiety among Rohingya refugees from Myanmar.
- North Africa: Racism, sexism and violence against sub-Saharan African migrant women
- United Nations members resolve to end child marriage
- Egypt: Judicial harassment of Ms. Azza Soliman
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!
- Egypt: #noprotestlaw campaign abridged toolkit
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo*
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System
- Islam, Land, and Property: Muslim Women and Property
- Pathways to, conditions and consequences of incarceration for women