Afghanistan: Protect women candidates
Source:Human Rights Watch
As campaigning begins for the September 18 polls for parliament and provincial councils, the Afghan government and international monitors must take special measures to protect women from attacks and intimidation by the Taliban and regional warlords.
Submitted on Sun, 08/21/2005 - 00:00
- 'I just want to go to school': how Afghan law continues to fail child brides
- Forbidden from riding bikes, fearless Afghan girls are skateboarding around Kabul
- Tens of female students poisoned in Samangan
- Afghan clerics uneasy as civil rights movement gains momentum
- Egyptian activist Mahinour El-Masry arrested again
- Egypt: Judicial harassment of Ms. Azza Soliman
- Please acquit and release Asia Bibi
- Over 220 Global Organizations Call for Immediate Release of Seven Imprisoned Women Human Rights Defenders in Egypt
- Send your support to Yara Sallam and other human rights defenders imprisoned in Egypt
- URGENT: Join the international campaign against Egypt’s repressive protest law!