Afghanistan: Protect women candidates
Source:Human Rights Watch
As campaigning begins for the September 18 polls for parliament and provincial councils, the Afghan government and international monitors must take special measures to protect women from attacks and intimidation by the Taliban and regional warlords.
Submitted on Sun, 08/21/2005 - 00:00
- India: Divorce dictates dire conditions for Muslim women
- Afghanistan: Parliament fails to pass divisive women's law
- Afghanistan: Woman killed for “dishonouring” family
- Afghanistan: $2,500: The Value of a 6 year-old Afghan Girl.
- Afghanistan: Afghan Women’s Affairs Aide Shot Months After Killing Of Predecessor
- Sudan: Female lawyer detained, risks torture!
- Sudan: New arrests of Nuba activists!
- Sudan: Khadija Mohamed Badr Health Deteriorating in Detention
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Bahrain: Women Human Rights Defenders International Coalition Statement on Bahrain in Solidarity with Al Khawaja