Turkey/Kurdistan: The hidden wives
The government outlawed the practice of polygamy nearly a century ago. But Islamic custom can allow men to take up to four wives. In this devoutly Muslim region, it is estimated that nearly a quarter of all marriages are polygamous.
Submitted on Sun, 09/04/2005 - 00:00
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues