UK: Quest to become 'UK's first female imam'
Salma Qureshi, a computer programmer and British Muslim, tells the BBC of her ambition to become one of the UK's first female imams.
Submitted on Thu, 09/29/2005 - 23:00
- Afghanistan: Uphill struggle for female aid workers
- Bangladesh: How Birth Certificates Help Fight Child Marriage
- Afghan women excluded from peace talks with Taliban, says Oxfam
- UK: Law Society Withdraws Sharia Succession Principles Practice Note
- Efua Dorkenoo OBE, the ‘incredible African female warrior’, has died
- (UK) Law Society: Withdraw Guidelines for ‘Shari’a-Compliant’ Wills
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- UPDATE: United Kingdom: Hold Amnesty International Accountable
- United Kingdom: Take Action in Support of Gita Sahgal