Iran: Blocking of web-based information on women and gender
Object to the policy of filtering, censorship and blocking of information on the Internet in Iran, particularly information related to women's issues and gender.
Submitted on Thu, 10/06/2005 - 00:00
- Turkey: International intellectuals call on the Turkish government to desist from its repression of popular protest
- Tunisia: European Women go on Trial for Topless Protest
- Iran: Iran’s ban on female presidential candidates contradicts Constitution
- India: Divorce dictates dire conditions for Muslim women
- Iran: Za’feran Mohamaadi Murdered by her Family Members, Witnessed by Bystanders
- Sudan: Female lawyer detained, risks torture!
- Sudan: New arrests of Nuba activists!
- Sudan: Khadija Mohamed Badr Health Deteriorating in Detention
- Bahrain: Women Human Rights Defenders International Coalition Statement on Bahrain in Solidarity with Al Khawaja
- UPDATE: Gambia: Isatou Touray and Amie Bojang-Sissoho freed on bail
- Mapping Stoning in Muslim Contexts
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- Symposium Report: The Role of Sport in Resisting, Accommodating and in Remaking Muslim Women
- Everyone's Guide to By-passing Internet Censorship
- WSF: The lesson from Iran: How the 'warning signs of fundamentalism' were ignored