Madagascar: Madagascar bans a popular church
President Ravalomanana has recently come under fire for his outspoken religious views which critics say marginalise smaller religions. In a recent church service, he shocked colleagues and critics alike when he said that he "dreams of a Christian nation".
Submitted on Wed, 11/09/2005 - 01:00
- Algeria: voices for democratic transition cannot be silenced
- Iran says woman sentenced to stoning given "leave" from prison
- Fed up with Iran's draconian dress code, women flout the rules - report
- Sultan of Brunei threatens his citizens following online criticism of Sharia law plan
- Bahrain: Continued Use Of Politicized Judiciary By The Authority To Keep Activist Zainab Al-Khawaja Behind Bars