Senegal: Villages vow to stop cutting girls
Members of 70 villages from the country’s northeastern Matam region have publicly renounced female genital mutilation (FGM) as well as forced and early marriages.
Submitted on Sun, 12/04/2005 - 01:00
- U.S.A: Stabbing of Muslim Woman in East Bay Shopping Center Stirs Up Fears for Community
- Mali: Displaced Malians turn to survival sex
- Pakistan: Harassment of female voters, aid workers shadow historic Pakistan election
- Tunisia: Amina Tyler, Tunisia’s ‘topless jihad’ Activist, Caught and Under Arrest
- Afghanistan: Parliament fails to pass divisive women's law
- Sudan: 32 Nuba Women Behind Bars in the Women’s International Day!
- Sudan: Crackdown on Nuba Women Human Rights Activists!
- A Pakistani born Canadian Victim's Appeal for Help!
- AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL URGENT ACTION: Teacher charged and faces death penalty
- Jalila Khamis formally charged and faces EXECUTION!