International: Interview with UN Special Rapporteur on violence against women
In a special interview with IRIN, Yakin Ertürk said that the rule of law had been women's best friend globally, but that violence against women persisted everywhere, even in developed democracies, partly because so many abuses occur in the private sphere.
Submitted on Wed, 12/07/2005 - 01:00
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)