International: Interview with UN Special Rapporteur on violence against women
In a special interview with IRIN, Yakin Ertürk said that the rule of law had been women's best friend globally, but that violence against women persisted everywhere, even in developed democracies, partly because so many abuses occur in the private sphere.
Submitted on Wed, 12/07/2005 - 00:00
- Honour killing: Four get death for lynching pregnant woman in Lahore
- Darfur: amid allegations of mass rape, UN voices profound concern, begins investigation
- Efua Dorkenoo OBE, the ‘incredible African female warrior’, has died
- Malala Yousafzai and Kailash Satyarthi win 2014 Nobel peace prize
- WLUML Board Member Karima Bennoune Wins Dayton Literature Peace Prize
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- URGENT: Maldives: Sex without Consent is always Rape