International: Interview with UN Special Rapporteur on violence against women
In a special interview with IRIN, Yakin Ertürk said that the rule of law had been women's best friend globally, but that violence against women persisted everywhere, even in developed democracies, partly because so many abuses occur in the private sphere.
Submitted on Wed, 12/07/2005 - 01:00
- Nigeria: Abducted women and girls forced to join Boko Haram attacks
- Child brides take Zimbabwe govt to court over marriage laws
- Tahira Sami Khoso , Looking for Justice
- Aminata Manneh Gender Activist Went Missing After filming a Police Officer Maltreating a Child
- Making Law and Justice Work for Women
- Support KMEWO in demanding Justice for Dunya!
- On May 28, International Day of Action for Women’s Health, Women’s Rights Defenders Mobilize Worldwide Calling for the Inclusion of Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- URGENT: Maldives: Sex without Consent is always Rape
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Compilation Of Inputs From Women’s Rights Advocates On The Occasion Of The 59th Commission On The Status Of Women
- WLUML Gazette, 15th Edition - January 2015
- WLUML Gazette, 14th Edition at the end of 2014
- WLUML Annual Report 2013