Iran: Women writers at Afghan literary festival in Tehran
Most of the 28 finalists, and 9 of the 13 prize winners were women. These figures reflect the high proportion of women participating in youth literary activities among Afghans in Iran, a reflection of Afghan women’s demand to have their voices heard.
Submitted on Wed, 12/14/2005 - 00:00
- Women's Sport as Politics in Muslim Contexts
- Feminist Movement Builder's Dictionary
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- 35 Years of Forced Hijab: The Widespread and Systematic Violation of Women's Rights in Iran
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran