Egypt: Death toll rises in Egyptian raid on refugees camp
Egyptian police turned water cannons on Sudanese war refugees and beat them with sticks Friday, seeking to end a three-month protest at the ramshackle squatters camp in a small city park.
Submitted on Fri, 12/30/2005 - 00:00
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- UPDATE: Madagascar: New president suspends parliament
- UPDATE: Myanmar: Joint NGO statement supporting Human Rights Defenders in Burma
- UPDATE: Turkey: Muyeser Gunes and members of Mothers for Peace are free