USA: Muslim women activists in North America - speaking for ourselves
Source:University of Texas Press
This publication includes the stories of 17 Muslim women who devote themselves to some kind of activism in addition to their other life activities - wife, mother, student, worker, and so on - and shows Muslim women are active in a myriad of ways.
Submitted on Tue, 01/03/2006 - 00:00
- Afghanistan: Uphill struggle for female aid workers
- Bangladesh: How Birth Certificates Help Fight Child Marriage
- Afghan women excluded from peace talks with Taliban, says Oxfam
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- Striving for Gender Justice: Overcoming Obstacles
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Algeria: Ongoing massacres of women: Call on authorities to ensure protection of women in Hassi Messaoud!