Bangladesh: Burqa and shalwar, jeans and sari
A photo essay of the changing fashions on the streets of Dhaka.
Submitted on Fri, 01/06/2006 - 00:00
- Bangladesh: Slum dwellers face higher risk of domestic violence
- Bangladesh Defies Hardliners, Elects First Female Speaker
- Bangladesh: Islamists Demand that Bangladesh's Women Stay at Home
- Bangladesh: Blasphemy, Genocide and Violence Against Women: the case of Bangladesh
- Tunisia: Not Illegal, but Taboo.
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- West Aceh, Indonesia: New regulation forbidding the wearing of 'tight clothing’ by women may be open to abuse
- UPDATE: Aceh: Civil society groups advocate for repeal of Qanun Jinayah (Islamic Criminal Legal Code)
- India: Violent attacks and cases of moral policing in Karnataka
- Walking a Tightrope: Women and Veiling in the United Kingdom
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- WSF: 'Apostates', Ahmadis and advocates: Use and abuse of offences against religion in Bangladesh
- WSF: The rise of the religious right in Bangladesh: Taslima Nasrin and the media
- WSF: Attacks against lesbian, gay and bisexual people: Warning signs of fundamentalism?