Netherlands: Dutch MPs to decide on burqa ban
The Dutch government will announce over the next few weeks whether it will make it a crime to wear traditional Islamic dress which covers the face apart from the eyes.
Submitted on Tue, 01/24/2006 - 01:00
- 8th CSBR Sexuality Institute - Call for Applications!
- ‘It’s a Good Thing’: Military Chief on Virginity Testing of Female Recruits
- Indonesia's highest Islamic clerical body issues fatwa proposing death penalty for people caught having gay sex
- Indonesia lawmakers drop plan for schoolgirl virginity tests after uproar
- WLUML Launches Bumper-Size Dossier on Sexualities in Muslim Contexts
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- West Aceh, Indonesia: New regulation forbidding the wearing of 'tight clothing’ by women may be open to abuse
- UPDATE: Aceh: Civil society groups advocate for repeal of Qanun Jinayah (Islamic Criminal Legal Code)
- Dossier 32-33: Sexualities, Culture and Society in Muslim Contexts
- Walking a Tightrope: Women and Veiling in the United Kingdom
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- WSF: Attacks against lesbian, gay and bisexual people: Warning signs of fundamentalism?
- Safra Project Report of Initial Findings