USA: A cautionary tale
Source:Catholics for a Free Choice
Has progressive religion moved far enough away from patriarchy to do women and democracy much good? Article by Frances Kissling, president of Catholics for a Free Choice.
Submitted on Sat, 01/28/2006 - 01:00
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief, Heiner Bielefeldt, Human Rights Council 28th Session
- Dossier 28: Paradoxing the secular in Latin America
- Dossier 28: Secularism - a precondition for democracy?
- Dossier 28: Secular women's activism in contemporary Egypt
- Dossier 28: The state in Islamist thought