Turkey: Turkish Civil and Penal Code Reforms from a gender perspective: the success of two nationwide campaigns
Source:Women for Women’s Human Rights (WWHR) – NEW WAYS
A concise overview of the new legal status of women in Turkey in light of recent legal changes. Women see new gains across many areas ranging from domestic violence to political participation & from sexual rights to women's right to economic independence.
Submitted on Mon, 02/13/2006 - 00:00
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Iran: Mohammad Mostafaie, Lawyer of Sakineh Ashtiani, arrested in Turkey
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested