Turkey: Turkish Civil and Penal Code Reforms from a gender perspective: the success of two nationwide campaigns
Source:Women for Women’s Human Rights (WWHR) – NEW WAYS
A concise overview of the new legal status of women in Turkey in light of recent legal changes. Women see new gains across many areas ranging from domestic violence to political participation & from sexual rights to women's right to economic independence.
Submitted on Mon, 02/13/2006 - 01:00
- Muslim women in India petition Supreme Court to end 'triple talaq’ instant divorce
- India: 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say talaq'
- Domestic violence in Turkey reaches boiling point
- Turkey election: Kurds, women, gays put faith in upstart party
- JINHA reporters: they attack us because we expose them
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'