Turkey: Turkish Civil and Penal Code Reforms from a gender perspective: the success of two nationwide campaigns
Source:Women for Women’s Human Rights (WWHR) – NEW WAYS
A concise overview of the new legal status of women in Turkey in light of recent legal changes. Women see new gains across many areas ranging from domestic violence to political participation & from sexual rights to women's right to economic independence.
Submitted on Mon, 02/13/2006 - 00:00
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- Family Law in Bahrain
- Justice Through Equality: Building Religious Knowledge for Legal Reform in Muslim Family Laws
- Afghanistan: Child marriage and domestic violence
- Our Motherland, Our Country: Gender Discrimination in the Middle East and North Africa
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts