India: India 'to register all marriages'
India's Supreme Court has given the federal and state governments three months to enact legislation making it compulsory to register all marriages. The court said the public's views would be invited on the new legislation.
Submitted on Sun, 02/19/2006 - 00:00
- Kashmir: Mass-Rape Survivors Struggle as Kafkaesque Justice Reigns
- Botswana: Women Win Landmark Right to Inherit Under Customary Law
- India: All four men found guilty in Delhi gang-rape trial
- Tunisia: Killing the Arab Spring in Its Cradle
- Nigeria: The Senate revokes the amendment to marriage age limit!
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- India: Violent attacks and cases of moral policing in Karnataka
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested