India: India 'to register all marriages'
India's Supreme Court has given the federal and state governments three months to enact legislation making it compulsory to register all marriages. The court said the public's views would be invited on the new legislation.
Submitted on Sun, 02/19/2006 - 01:00
- India: Divorce dictates dire conditions for Muslim women
- Death of renowned Islamic scholar, Asghar Ali Engineer.
- Egypt Risks Drifting Further Away from Human Rights Ideals
- Death of Justice Verma, the judge who helped toughen up Rape Laws in India
- Saudi Arabia: Breakthrough in Saudi Arabia: Women Allowed An Parliament
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- India: Violent attacks and cases of moral policing in Karnataka
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested