Somalia: Somali warlords battle Islamists
Supporters of some militia leaders have clashed with an armed Islamist group. Their opponents say the Islamic courts are terrorising local people. A top cleric says fighting will continue until the other side surrenders.
Submitted on Tue, 02/21/2006 - 00:00
- Sudan: Stop Planting Mines in the Nuba Mountains!
- UPDATE: Madagascar: New president suspends parliament
- Somalia: Stoning to death of a 13-year old girl
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Protest against the state of emergency in Pakistan and brutal attacks on civil society
- UPDATE: Myanmar: Joint NGO statement supporting Human Rights Defenders in Burma
- Dossier 28: An Islamic experience of religious pluralism in post-apartheid South Africa
- Occasional Paper 14: Women's Teach-In - Antimilitarism, Fundamentalisms/Secularism and Civil Liberties & Anti-Terrorism Legislation after September 11th 2001
- Occasional Paper 13: Women's Peacecast V - In Search of Justice, Human Rights and a Just Peace
- Dossier 23-24: Kosovo War, Feminists and Fascism in Serbia
- Dossier 22: Under Siege in Jerusalem: Three Women Caught Between Two Cultures