Malaysia: Portraits of ordinary Muslims
Source:Public Broadcasting Service
Armed with Quranic texts that emphasize equality, justice and compassion, Sisters in Islam advocates new interpretations of the Quran which are more supportive of women's rights.
Submitted on Thu, 03/02/2006 - 01:00
- Protesters demand male brothels for women in Turkey
- Death of renowned Islamic scholar, Asghar Ali Engineer.
- Pakistan's once-ridiculed transgender community fight elections for first time
- Senegal: WELDD West Africa Feminist Leadership Workshop
- Kuwait: Female Arab scientists urge defence of women's rights
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Algeria: Ongoing massacres of women: Call on authorities to ensure protection of women in Hassi Messaoud!