Malaysia: Portraits of ordinary Muslims
Source:Public Broadcasting Service
Armed with Quranic texts that emphasize equality, justice and compassion, Sisters in Islam advocates new interpretations of the Quran which are more supportive of women's rights.
Submitted on Thu, 03/02/2006 - 00:00
- Afghanistan: Uphill struggle for female aid workers
- Malaysia: Muslim women's group Sisters in Islam gain judicial review of 'deviants' fatwa
- Bangladesh: How Birth Certificates Help Fight Child Marriage
- Afghan women excluded from peace talks with Taliban, says Oxfam
- New Feminist Leadership Web Portal Offers Online Home to All Generations of Activists
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Algeria: Ongoing massacres of women: Call on authorities to ensure protection of women in Hassi Messaoud!