Malaysia: Portraits of ordinary Muslims
Source:Public Broadcasting Service
Armed with Quranic texts that emphasize equality, justice and compassion, Sisters in Islam advocates new interpretations of the Quran which are more supportive of women's rights.
Submitted on Thu, 03/02/2006 - 01:00
- Swat Woman Of Courage Gets Sisters' Council To Speak Up
- Women up in Arms: Zapatistas and Rojava Kurds Embrace a New Gender Politics
- WLUML Networker Kholoud El-Sayed to Speak at TEDxSuezCanalUniversity
- Meet Estayqazat, Syria’s online feminist movement
- Tunisia: Aya Chebbi Wins Excellence in Leadership Award.
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Algeria: Ongoing massacres of women: Call on authorities to ensure protection of women in Hassi Messaoud!