Somalia: Highlighting violence against women
Source:PAMBAZUKA via AGENDA
In Somalia, national laws, policies and procedures are not favourable to the rights of women and there is no framework to address widespread violence against women. This article is from Strategic Initiatives for Women in the Horn of Africa (SIHA) Network.
Submitted on Sat, 03/04/2006 - 01:00
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict