Somalia: Highlighting violence against women
Source:PAMBAZUKA via AGENDA
In Somalia, national laws, policies and procedures are not favourable to the rights of women and there is no framework to address widespread violence against women. This article is from Strategic Initiatives for Women in the Horn of Africa (SIHA) Network.
Submitted on Sat, 03/04/2006 - 00:00
- Bahrain: Family violence law articles approved
- Azerbaijan Urged to Act Faster on Domestic Violence
- Rollback of Women's Rights: Not Just in Afghanistan
- Silence did not make Sanaz Nezami strong: Facing immigrant domestic violence
- Sudan: Ethiopian Woman Gang Raped by Seven Sudanese Men, Denied from Making a Formal Complaint of Rape and Instead Charged with Adultery and Prostitution
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)