Palestine: Some thoughts on international women's day
Palestinian women commemorate International Women's Day, despite the many challenges faced. Commemoration is not celebration; Palestinian women have a long way to go before gaining full rights in their own society.
Submitted on Wed, 03/08/2006 - 01:00
- First Saudi women register to vote
- Meet the Badass Afghan Politician Who Ran Against Her Husband and Won
- Malawian chief annuls 300 child marriages, sends kids to school
- Afghan President Nominates First Female Judge to Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabia – Women Traveling Alone without Permission of Guardians, Under Study
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Update: Iran: Alieh Eghamdoust released from prison after serving three year sentence
- European Feminist Initiative: "Palestine, Libya, Syria... More than ever Feminists for Peace and Democracy"
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan