Nigeria: The psychopaths of faith and their appeasers
Source:New Perspectives Quarterly
"Who is actually guilty of bringing disrepute to the religion of Islam?" questions Wole Soyinka, the Nigerian playwright, who was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1986.
Submitted on Tue, 03/14/2006 - 00:00
- Sultan of Brunei introduces tough Islamic punishments
- Tunisia's fight against fundamentalism: an interview with Amel Grami
- "Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here": the human rights struggle against Muslim fundamentalism.
- Nigeria's child brides: 'I thought being in labour would never end'
- Nigeria: The Senate revokes the amendment to marriage age limit!
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable