UK: Law lords back school over Islamic dress
The law lords today overturned a court ruling that teenager Shabina Begum's human rights were violated when she was banned from wearing full Islamic dress at school.
Submitted on Wed, 03/22/2006 - 01:00
- (UK) Law Society: Withdraw Guidelines for ‘Shari’a-Compliant’ Wills
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- Dossier 32-33: Sexualities, Culture and Society in Muslim Contexts
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- Recognizing the Un-Recognized: Inter-Country Cases and Muslim Marriages & Divorces in Britain