France: France raises marriage age limit
The French parliament has raised the age at which a woman can get married - from 15 to 18 - as part of a package to combat domestic violence. The law, which aims to prevent forced marriages, makes the age limit the same as that for men.
Submitted on Fri, 03/24/2006 - 01:00
- Egypt Risks Drifting Further Away from Human Rights Ideals
- Saudi Arabia: Breakthrough in Saudi Arabia: Women Allowed An Parliament
- Iran: Iranian Single Women Might Need Father's Permission to Go Abroad
- Sri Lanka: The Imminent Danger Of The Execution Of Rizana Nafeek
- Egypt: The Day after the Referendum
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested
- France: Ensure police protection for Mohamed Sifaoui