Egypt: Women’s unequal access to divorce in Egypt
Source:Human Rights Watch
This 62-page report documents serious human rights abuses stemming from discriminatory family laws that have resulted in a divorce system that affords separate and unequal treatment to men and women.
Submitted on Sat, 03/25/2006 - 01:00
- Afghanistan: Number of women jailed for fleeing abuse soars!
- Bangladesh Defies Hardliners, Elects First Female Speaker
- Afghanistan: Afghan protest against women's rights legislation
- Egypt: "They want to marry us at nine years old. Are these really the kind of men we want to run our country? Paedophiles?"
- Egypt: Rise in Egypt Sex Assaults Sets Off Clash Over Blame
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested
- UPDATE: Algeria: Samia Smets acquitted
- UPDATE: Nigeria: Local women's groups protest bill on 'indecent clothing'