International: Understanding a difficult verse
Source:Sisters in Islam
This essay examines the discourse on "women's status in Islam" by looking at one particular verse in the Qur'an, which is verse 34 from Surah An-Nisa (4:34).
Submitted on Tue, 04/04/2006 - 00:00
- Egypt Risks Drifting Further Away from Human Rights Ideals
- International: The Ethics of Alliance and Solidarity: An Exchange Between Rafia Zakaria and Meredith Tax
- Saudi Arabia: Breakthrough in Saudi Arabia: Women Allowed An Parliament
- UN: International Day of Zero Tolerance to Female Genital Mutilation
- Iran: Iranian Single Women Might Need Father's Permission to Go Abroad
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Learning from Women to Create Gender Inclusive Cities
- Victories over Violence: Ensuring Safety for Women and Girls
- CEDAW & MUSLIM FAMILY LAWS: In Search of Common Ground
- Reparations for Women Subjected to Violence: First thematic report by SRVAW
- First Annual Report of the Independent Expert in the field of Cultural Rights