Kuwait: Kuwaiti women vote for first time
Polling has begun in a Kuwaiti council by-election in which women are being allowed to vote for the first time. Two women are also among eight candidates running for the seat in the Salmiya district, south of the capital.
Submitted on Mon, 04/03/2006 - 23:00
- Iran: 'Jila Baniyaghoob | Prisoner Of Conscience In Iran'
- Saudi women flood social media with driving videos, pictures
- Saudi Arabia: Women Activists' Sentences Confirmed
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws (WLUML) Nominates Iranian Women’s Group, the Mothers of Khavaran for the United Nations Human Rights Prize
- Sudanese women: you can beat us but you cannot break us
- Everyone's Guide to By-passing Internet Censorship
- WSF: Two cheers for multiculturalism
- WSF: The rise of fundamentalism and the role of the ‘state’ in the specific political context of Palestine
- Feminism in the Muslim World Leadership Institutes
- Imagined citizenship: Women, State and Politics in Pakistan in Urdu