Kuwait: Kuwaiti women vote for first time
Polling has begun in a Kuwaiti council by-election in which women are being allowed to vote for the first time. Two women are also among eight candidates running for the seat in the Salmiya district, south of the capital.
Submitted on Mon, 04/03/2006 - 23:00
- Sultan of Brunei threatens his citizens following online criticism of Sharia law plan
- Bahrain: Continued Use Of Politicized Judiciary By The Authority To Keep Activist Zainab Al-Khawaja Behind Bars
- Iran: 'Jila Baniyaghoob | Prisoner Of Conscience In Iran'
- Saudi women flood social media with driving videos, pictures
- Saudi Arabia: Women Activists' Sentences Confirmed
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System
- Everyone's Guide to By-passing Internet Censorship
- WSF: Two cheers for multiculturalism
- WSF: The rise of fundamentalism and the role of the ‘state’ in the specific political context of Palestine
- Feminism in the Muslim World Leadership Institutes