UN: Act now for UN reform and gender equality
Despite the good commitments from CEDAW and the Beijing Platform for Action especially, implementation by governments and in the UN has been far slower than we would like. With the initiatives for reforms in the UN, there is an important opportunity now to ensure that the structural and other obstacles to effective implementation within the UN are addressed.
Submitted on Tue, 05/09/2006 - 00:00
- UN COMMISSION ON THE STATUS OF WOMEN 57 DRAFT AGREED CONCLUSIONS
- UN: 140 Million Girls Will Become Child Brides by 2020 at Current Rates
- Palestine: Palestinians Celebrate Status Upgrade at UN.
- International: Special Rapporteur on Contemporary Forms of Slavery Marks International Day for Abolition of Slavery.
- International: The Malala Effect Statement by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay on the occasion of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women (25 November).
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- WLUML Statement on Afghan women's exclusion from participation at Bonn
- UPDATE: Algeria: Samia Smets acquitted