UK: Forced marriage law 'not needed'
The Home Office has decided a specific law to ban forced marriages in the UK is not needed. It is thought the disadvantages of a new law would outweigh the advantages, and possibly drive the practice of forced marriages underground.
Submitted on Sun, 06/11/2006 - 23:00
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)