Iran: Police beat women activists
Police in Iran have beaten a small group of women activists trying to hold a protest for greater legal rights in the biggest square of the capital. Several people were arrested by the security forces who moved in as soon as activists started gathering.
Submitted on Sun, 06/11/2006 - 23:00
- Stolen Lives, Empty Classrooms: An Overview on Girl Marriages in Iran
- Crime and Impunity - Sexual Torture of Women in Islamic Republic Prisons
- Mapping Stoning in Muslim Contexts
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- Symposium Report: The Role of Sport in Resisting, Accommodating and in Remaking Muslim Women