UK: On the first anniversary of the London bombings
Again, the network Women Living Under Muslim Laws extends its deepest condolences to the families of those killed and to those who suffered terrible injuries in the appalling bomb attacks in London on 7 July 2005.
We continue to extend our solidarity to all those in the UK working against violence and in particular our allies in the women's movements and other progressive people in the UK.
To read the WLUML statement from 2005, go to:
Submitted on Fri, 07/07/2006 - 00:00
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- (UK) Law Society: Withdraw Guidelines for ‘Shari’a-Compliant’ Wills
- Urgent Action: Zahra and Ali in Imminent Danger of Stoning!
- Declaration of the Senegalese Feminist Forum statement during the Reflection on the Malian Crisis Meeting
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women
- Dossier 30-31: The Struggle for Secularism in Europe and North America
- Walking a Tightrope: Women and Veiling in the United Kingdom
- Towards a Future without Fundamentalisms