Lebanon: Update from Helem
We have received news from Helem, an LGBT centre in Beirut. After the influx of refugees from the southern suburbs of Beirut and the south of Lebanon, Helem, together with other NGOs, has begun providing shelter, food, and supplies for the refugees.
Helem has also provided information about some blogs that allow people to get first hand information from Lebanese civil society in Lebanon.
Submitted on Thu, 07/27/2006 - 00:00
- UPDATE: Madagascar: New president suspends parliament
- UPDATE: Pakistan: Protest against the state of emergency in Pakistan and brutal attacks on civil society
- UPDATE: Myanmar: Joint NGO statement supporting Human Rights Defenders in Burma
- Myanmar: Petitions against the violent crackdown on peaceful protestors in Burma
- UPDATE: Turkey: Muyeser Gunes and members of Mothers for Peace are free
- Dossier 28: An Islamic experience of religious pluralism in post-apartheid South Africa
- Occasional Paper 14: Women's Teach-In - Antimilitarism, Fundamentalisms/Secularism and Civil Liberties & Anti-Terrorism Legislation after September 11th 2001
- Occasional Paper 13: Women's Peacecast V - In Search of Justice, Human Rights and a Just Peace
- Dossier 23-24: Kosovo War, Feminists and Fascism in Serbia
- Dossier 22: Under Siege in Jerusalem: Three Women Caught Between Two Cultures