UPDATE: UN: Act now for UN reform and gender equality
The Coherence Panel met on 30-31 August 2006 to finalize, among other things, their report for the Secretary General. We have heard that many critical recommendations on the gender architecture of the UN may be included in the report. At this point, it is critical to send a bold message to the panel members about strengthening operational capacity alongside the normative functions.
Submitted on Fri, 09/01/2006 - 00:00
- UN COMMISSION ON THE STATUS OF WOMEN 57 DRAFT AGREED CONCLUSIONS
- UN: 140 Million Girls Will Become Child Brides by 2020 at Current Rates
- Palestine: Palestinians Celebrate Status Upgrade at UN.
- International: Special Rapporteur on Contemporary Forms of Slavery Marks International Day for Abolition of Slavery.
- International: The Malala Effect Statement by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Navi Pillay on the occasion of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women (25 November).
- Universality Of Human Rights At Stake! Act Now To Oppose Russian Resolution On Traditional Values!
- International: Statement of Feminist and Women's Organisations on the very Limited and Concerning Results of the 56th Session of the UN Commission on the Status of Women
- International: Open letter to President of the Human Rights Council regarding sexual orientation and gender identity
- WLUML Statement on Afghan women's exclusion from participation at Bonn
- UPDATE: Algeria: Samia Smets acquitted