Iraq: The status of women in Iraq: an assessment of Iraq’s de jure and de facto compliance with international legal standards
Source:American Bar Association - Iraq Legal Development Project
The Assessment covers thematic categories: political participation, civil society and women in decision making; violence against women and the right to personal security; labor and economic rights; family and marriage; nationality; health; and education.
Submitted on Thu, 09/07/2006 - 23:00
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Call for Iraqi Women Victimized by ISIS
- Iraq: Don’t Legalize Marriage for 9-Year-Olds
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Family Law in Bahrain
- No One is Safe: Abuses of Women in Iraq's Criminal Justice System
- Justice Through Equality: Building Religious Knowledge for Legal Reform in Muslim Family Laws
- Afghanistan: Child marriage and domestic violence
- Our Motherland, Our Country: Gender Discrimination in the Middle East and North Africa