Iraq: The status of women in Iraq: an assessment of Iraq’s de jure and de facto compliance with international legal standards
Source:American Bar Association - Iraq Legal Development Project
The Assessment covers thematic categories: political participation, civil society and women in decision making; violence against women and the right to personal security; labor and economic rights; family and marriage; nationality; health; and education.
Submitted on Fri, 09/08/2006 - 00:00
- Egypt Risks Drifting Further Away from Human Rights Ideals
- IRAQ: Decade of Occupation for Iraqi Women
- Saudi Arabia: Breakthrough in Saudi Arabia: Women Allowed An Parliament
- Iran: Iranian Single Women Might Need Father's Permission to Go Abroad
- Sri Lanka: The Imminent Danger Of The Execution Of Rizana Nafeek
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested
- UPDATE: Nigeria: Local women's groups protest bill on 'indecent clothing'