Malaysia: 2nd issue of BARAZA! on Diversity of opinions: an Islamic legacy
Source:Sisters in Islam
A compilation of articles by key Islamic scholars on the subject of diversity of opinion in Islam. The main essay by Mohammad Hashim Kamali, explores the scope of diversity and disagreement among pre-modern Islamic jurists.
Submitted on Mon, 10/09/2006 - 23:00
- UN human rights experts urge Kenya to repeal discriminatory sections in Matrimonial Property Act
- Divorce by Text Challenged by Sisters in Islam
- Morocco to change rape marriage law
- After advocacy by women's movement, Morocco makes major reform to rape law
- Kashmir: Mass-Rape Survivors Struggle as Kafkaesque Justice Reigns
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable