Malaysia: 2nd issue of BARAZA! on Diversity of opinions: an Islamic legacy
Source:Sisters in Islam
A compilation of articles by key Islamic scholars on the subject of diversity of opinion in Islam. The main essay by Mohammad Hashim Kamali, explores the scope of diversity and disagreement among pre-modern Islamic jurists.
Submitted on Mon, 10/09/2006 - 23:00
- Jordan detains journalist Rula Amin without charges over custody battle
- Lebanon debates introducing civil marriage
- IKWRO meet with the Law Society on Sharia
- Malaysia: Muslim women's group Sisters in Islam gain judicial review of 'deviants' fatwa
- UK: Law Society Withdraws Sharia Succession Principles Practice Note
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Morocco's Dilemma: Rights and Reform or Closure and Conservatism?
- Family Law in Bahrain
- Justice Through Equality: Building Religious Knowledge for Legal Reform in Muslim Family Laws
- Afghanistan: Child marriage and domestic violence
- Our Motherland, Our Country: Gender Discrimination in the Middle East and North Africa