UK: The Ashiana project
Ashiana provides temporary, safe, supportive housing for south Asian, Turkish and Iranian women between the ages of 16-30 who are experiencing domestic violence as well as a safe house for young women between 16 - 25 who are at risk of forced marriage.
Submitted on Mon, 10/16/2006 - 00:00
- My wife was murdered by a 'monster' – but most perpetrators of violence are normal men
- UN Special Rapporteur Rashida Manjoo says UK has 'sexist culture'
- UK DOCTOR IS FIRST PERSON IN BRITAIN CHARGED WITH PERFORMING FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION
- MEET A DEFENDER: DR ISATOU TOURAY
- Tougher Action Urged on Kazakstan "Bride-Theft"
- Stoning: Legal or Practised in 16 Countries and Showing No Signs of Abating
- Factsheet: Violence Against Women - the Missing MDG?
- Child, early and forced marriage in Pakistan: A submission to OHCHR
- Violence against Women, Bleeding Wound in the Syrian Conflict
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women