UPDATE: Iraq: Campaign to affirm Personal Status Law and remove Article 41 from the constitution
We have received the following information from Iraqi friends who have initiated a campaign now that the constitutional committee has been formed. Their demands will be sent to the committee, to urge them to affirm the Personal Status Law and to remove Article 41 from the Iraqi constitution.
Submitted on Wed, 10/25/2006 - 00:00
- UK: Forced marriage law sends 'powerful message'
- The Real Story Behind Brunei's Sharia Laws Isn't the One That Gay Rights Groups Are Telling You
- Yemen law on child brides and FGM offers hope of wider progress
- UN human rights experts urge Kenya to repeal discriminatory sections in Matrimonial Property Act
- Morocco to change rape marriage law
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'