UPDATE: Iraq: Campaign to affirm Personal Status Law and remove Article 41 from the constitution
We have received the following information from Iraqi friends who have initiated a campaign now that the constitutional committee has been formed. Their demands will be sent to the committee, to urge them to affirm the Personal Status Law and to remove Article 41 from the Iraqi constitution.
Submitted on Wed, 10/25/2006 - 00:00
- Egypt Risks Drifting Further Away from Human Rights Ideals
- Saudi Arabia: Breakthrough in Saudi Arabia: Women Allowed An Parliament
- Iran: Iranian Single Women Might Need Father's Permission to Go Abroad
- Sri Lanka: The Imminent Danger Of The Execution Of Rizana Nafeek
- Egypt: The Day after the Referendum
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Oman: End the Detention of Women Human Rights Defenders
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Canada: Canadian polygamist leader arrested