Malaysia: Stemming the 'I divorce you' trend
Source:Sisters in Islam
Malaysia was one of the first Muslim countries to provide for divorce to take place only in court. But in 1994 the law was amended to allow the registration of divorces outside courts, thus defeating the original intent & spirit of the 1984 law reform.
Submitted on Thu, 11/02/2006 - 01:00
- Muslim women in India petition Supreme Court to end 'triple talaq’ instant divorce
- India: 'Now, men will be a bit scared to say talaq'
- Malaysia: Women’s groups insist that marital rape be made a crime
- Turkey court ruling on religious marriages spurs uproar
- Algeria passes law banning violence against women
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'