Malaysia: Stemming the 'I divorce you' trend
Source:Sisters in Islam
Malaysia was one of the first Muslim countries to provide for divorce to take place only in court. But in 1994 the law was amended to allow the registration of divorces outside courts, thus defeating the original intent & spirit of the 1984 law reform.
Submitted on Thu, 11/02/2006 - 00:00
- IKWRO meet with the Law Society on Sharia
- Malaysia: Muslim women's group Sisters in Islam gain judicial review of 'deviants' fatwa
- UK: Law Society Withdraws Sharia Succession Principles Practice Note
- UK: Forced marriage law sends 'powerful message'
- The Real Story Behind Brunei's Sharia Laws Isn't the One That Gay Rights Groups Are Telling You
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'