Malaysia: Stemming the 'I divorce you' trend
Source:Sisters in Islam
Malaysia was one of the first Muslim countries to provide for divorce to take place only in court. But in 1994 the law was amended to allow the registration of divorces outside courts, thus defeating the original intent & spirit of the 1984 law reform.
Submitted on Thu, 11/02/2006 - 01:00
- Afghanistan: Number of women jailed for fleeing abuse soars!
- Bangladesh Defies Hardliners, Elects First Female Speaker
- Malaysia: Outrage After Sharia Court Allows Rapist to Marry His 13-year-old Victim
- Afghanistan: Afghan protest against women's rights legislation
- Egypt Risks Drifting Further Away from Human Rights Ideals
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Kartika’s caning sentence commuted to community service
- UPDATE: Malaysia: Caning sentence of Kartika upheld