Malaysia: Religious freedom
Farish Noor - Malaysian academic and activist - casts a critical eye on his home country. He examines the current debate around religious freedom, and the sensitivities surrounding those who wish to convert from Islam.
Submitted on Sun, 11/26/2006 - 01:00
- Saudi Arabia: "There is not one law in Saudi Arabia that regards violence toward women as an illegal activity": what's really behind Saudi's domestic abuse problem?
- Iran: Iran’s ban on female presidential candidates contradicts Constitution
- Pakistan: Leading Pakistan politician Zahra Shahid Hussain killed outside home
- Mynamar: Kristallnacht in Myanmar
- Afghanistan: $2,500: The Value of a 6 year-old Afghan Girl.
- Update: Intisar Sharif Abdallah Released Unconditionally without Further Charge
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- VNC Statement: The Vatican's Crackdown Against the Nuns Is Unacceptable and Deplorable
- UPDATE: Saudi Arabia: Al Sharif released, 17 June Women2Drive campaign continues
- Pakistan: Ensure safety of Asia Bibi and her family and repeal Pakistan’s Blasphemy Laws