UK: The veil vs citizenship
For the past month a renewed debate about citizenship, religious freedom and gender hasbeen raging in Britain. Marieme Helie Lucas offers her perspective and throws down a few challenges to the "coward Left".
Submitted on Thu, 11/30/2006 - 00:00
- Kyrgyz Mufti Issues Fatwa Against Gays, Challenges HRW
- Universities UK: Rescind endorsement of sex segregation at UK Universities
- UK: Muslim Women more likely to suffer Islamophobic attacks than men - study
- "Your Fatwa Does Not Apply Here": the human rights struggle against Muslim fundamentalism.
- UK: Abuse of Asian girls missed because of focus on white victims, says report
- WLUML Stands With Nigerian LGBT People, And All Persecuted For Their Sexuality Worldwide
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- Child, Early and Forced Marriage: A Multi-Country Study.
- "Maybe we are hated": The experience and impact of Anti-Muslim hate on British Muslim Women
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- Recognizing the Un-Recognized: Inter-Country Cases and Muslim Marriages & Divorces in Britain
- WSF: Two cheers for multiculturalism