UK: The veil vs citizenship
For the past month a renewed debate about citizenship, religious freedom and gender hasbeen raging in Britain. Marieme Helie Lucas offers her perspective and throws down a few challenges to the "coward Left".
Submitted on Thu, 11/30/2006 - 01:00
- Day 14/16 of Activism Against Gender Violence: Giving Chances
- United Kingdom: Church of England Bishops Plot Response to Vote to Exclude Women.
- Tunisia: Not Illegal, but Taboo.
- Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Could be Passed Before Christmas.
- 'They're following me': chilling words of girl who was 'honour killing' victim.
- Rights Must Be At the Center of the Family Planning Summit: Civil Society Declaration
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- UK: Appeal for Expressions of Solidarity with Dr Usama Hasan
- West Aceh, Indonesia: New regulation forbidding the wearing of 'tight clothing’ by women may be open to abuse
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- Recognizing the Un-Recognized: Inter-Country Cases and Muslim Marriages & Divorces in Britain
- WSF: Two cheers for multiculturalism
- WSF: Attacks against lesbian, gay and bisexual people: Warning signs of fundamentalism?
- Dossier 25: Algeria: Morality Militias are Back