USA: WLUML dress codes exhibition at Mount Holyoke College
Source:Department of Gender Studies, Mount Holyoke College
During November 2006, the WLUML exhibition focusing on various types of dress worn by women in selected Muslim contexts, "Dress Codes and Modes", was on display at the Department of Gender Studies at Mount Holyoke College.
Submitted on Sat, 12/02/2006 - 00:00
- U.S.A: Stabbing of Muslim Woman in East Bay Shopping Center Stirs Up Fears for Community
- Bangladesh: Matrilineal Marriage - 'My mother and I are married to the same man':
- Tunisia: Not Illegal, but Taboo.
- Uganda: Anti-gay Bill Could be Passed Before Christmas.
- Report: The Civic Origins of Progressive Policy Change: Combating Violence against Women in Global Perspective, 1975–2005
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Rights Activists in Uganda
- Uganda: WLUML/VNC Statement on the Situation of LGBT Activists in Uganda
- West Aceh, Indonesia: New regulation forbidding the wearing of 'tight clothing’ by women may be open to abuse
- UPDATE: Aceh: Civil society groups advocate for repeal of Qanun Jinayah (Islamic Criminal Legal Code)
- India: Violent attacks and cases of moral policing in Karnataka
- Walking a Tightrope: Women and Veiling in the United Kingdom
- Control and Sexuality: The Revival of Zina Laws in Muslim Contexts
- WSF: Attacks against lesbian, gay and bisexual people: Warning signs of fundamentalism?
- WSF: America’s mission of saving the world from Satan: Christian fundamentalism in the USA
- Safra Project Report of Initial Findings