Tunisia: Interview with Saida Garrache - between authoritarianism and Islamism
Tunisian lawyer and feminist Saida Garrache has been General Secretary of the Tunisian Association of Democratic Women since mid-2006. In this interview she talks about the difficulties of working in a state that tries to stifle civil society activities.
Submitted on Wed, 12/06/2006 - 00:00
- Everyone's Guide to By-passing Internet Censorship
- WSF: The media and signs of fundamentalism: A case in the Gambia
- WSF: The rise of the religious right in Bangladesh: Taslima Nasrin and the media
- WSF: Two cheers for multiculturalism
- WSF: The rise of fundamentalism and the role of the ‘state’ in the specific political context of Palestine