Tunisia: Interview with Saida Garrache - between authoritarianism and Islamism
Tunisian lawyer and feminist Saida Garrache has been General Secretary of the Tunisian Association of Democratic Women since mid-2006. In this interview she talks about the difficulties of working in a state that tries to stifle civil society activities.
Submitted on Wed, 12/06/2006 - 00:00
- Fed up with Iran's draconian dress code, women flout the rules - report
- Sultan of Brunei threatens his citizens following online criticism of Sharia law plan
- Bahrain: Continued Use Of Politicized Judiciary By The Authority To Keep Activist Zainab Al-Khawaja Behind Bars
- Poll misrepresents women's rights in Tunisia
- Iran: 'Jila Baniyaghoob | Prisoner Of Conscience In Iran'