Indonesia: Indonesia mulls polygamy ban
The decision to update the country's polygamy code comes just days after popular Indonesian cleric, Abdullah Gymnastiar, caused uproar by announcing he had secretly married a second wife.
Submitted on Sat, 12/09/2006 - 01:00
- Indonesia's Aceh bans women from nightspots after 11pm
- Turkey court ruling on religious marriages spurs uproar
- ‘It’s a Good Thing’: Military Chief on Virginity Testing of Female Recruits
- Aceh Prepares to Enforce Broader Sharia Criminal Code, With Stiffer Penalties
- Algeria passes law banning violence against women
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'