Fiji: Women human rights defenders threatened
Source:Women Human Rights Defenders
Human rights organisations and individuals have been threatened with violence, including rape, for speaking out on the current impasse. Imrana Jalal of The Fiji Women’s Rights Movement, and WLUML networker, received threatening phone calls last week.
Submitted on Mon, 12/11/2006 - 01:00
- With Her Father On Death Row, Afghan Mother Attempts To Put Decade Of Incest, Abuse Behind Her
- Afghan shelter provides security for abused women
- India arrest 16 for beheading woman for 'witchcraft'
- Domestic violence in Turkey reaches boiling point
- Malaysia: Women’s groups insist that marital rape be made a crime
- Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Addendum to the Report of the Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences
- Afghanistan: Their lives on the line: Women human rights defenders under attack in Afghanistan
- Violence against Women in the context of Political Transformations and Economic Crisis in the Euro-Mediterranean Region: