Afghanistan: Access to justice for Afghan women - a new Chief Justice
Equality Now has issued a campaign update and calls on the new court to take a leadership role in promoting and protecting the rights of women in accordance with the Constitution and international human rights standards to which Afghanistan is a party.
Submitted on Tue, 01/02/2007 - 00:00
- Afghanistan: Uphill struggle for female aid workers
- Afghan women excluded from peace talks with Taliban, says Oxfam
- UK: Law Society Withdraws Sharia Succession Principles Practice Note
- UK: Forced marriage law sends 'powerful message'
- The Real Story Behind Brunei's Sharia Laws Isn't the One That Gay Rights Groups Are Telling You
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn
- WLUML Statement on Afghan women's exclusion from participation at Bonn