Afghanistan: Access to justice for Afghan women - a new Chief Justice
Equality Now has issued a campaign update and calls on the new court to take a leadership role in promoting and protecting the rights of women in accordance with the Constitution and international human rights standards to which Afghanistan is a party.
Submitted on Tue, 01/02/2007 - 01:00
- Afghan President Nominates First Female Judge to Supreme Court
- Displaced women and girls trapped in Afghanistan’s cities
- Turkey court ruling on religious marriages spurs uproar
- 'I just want to go to school': how Afghan law continues to fail child brides
- Forbidden from riding bikes, fearless Afghan girls are skateboarding around Kabul
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Afghanistan: End the Unlawful Criminalisation of Women and Girls Based on 'Moral Grounds'
- Afghanistan: Women included into Afghan delegation to Bonn
- WLUML Statement on Afghan women's exclusion from participation at Bonn