India: Political mobilisations along religious lines?
India's personal laws are based on religious affiliation, granting special rights to the country's Muslims. Nadja-Christina Schneider discusses religious minority rights and secular modernisation on the subcontinent.
Submitted on Tue, 01/09/2007 - 00:00
- Jordan detains journalist Rula Amin without charges over custody battle
- Lebanon debates introducing civil marriage
- IKWRO meet with the Law Society on Sharia
- UK: Law Society Withdraws Sharia Succession Principles Practice Note
- JOGINI/DEVADASI TEMPLE "SLAVE" GIRLS & WOMEN - LOWER CASTE - SEXUAL EXPLOITATION - ILLEGAL BUT NOT ENFORCED
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'