India: Political mobilisations along religious lines?
India's personal laws are based on religious affiliation, granting special rights to the country's Muslims. Nadja-Christina Schneider discusses religious minority rights and secular modernisation on the subcontinent.
Submitted on Tue, 01/09/2007 - 01:00
- Saudi Arabia: Release Maysaa Alamoudi and Loujain Alhathloul
- SIGN THE PETITION: President Hamid Karzai: We call on you not to sign the new Law on Criminal Procedures
- Egypt: Postpone the 15 December referendum on the draft Constitution!
- Women Living Under Muslim Laws Statement on Libya
- Saudi Arabia: WLUML/VNC Statement: 'We Say "Yes" to Women's Full Enjoyment of their Rights'
- Sudan's Revised Penal Code: A Mixed Picture For Women
- Morocco's Dilemma: Rights and Reform or Closure and Conservatism?
- Family Law in Bahrain
- Justice Through Equality: Building Religious Knowledge for Legal Reform in Muslim Family Laws
- Masculinity, Son Preference and Intimate Partner Violence (India)