Iran: Arrests of women may be an attempt to prevent International Women's Day calls for equality
Amnesty International today called for the immediate and unconditional release of over 30 women activists who were arrested on Sunday, 4 March while staging a peaceful demonstration in Tehran.
Submitted on Tue, 03/06/2007 - 01:00
- 'Stop the extreme group of monks called Bodu Bala Sena who ignites the religious hatred, enmity and violent oppressions in Srilanka
- KURDISH WOMAN LOSING SIGHT IN IRANIAN PRISON
- NIGERIA: Bring back the abducted school girls of Chibok
- A Former Child Bride is Hanged and Denied Her Last Wish to See Her Daughter
- Urgent Action: Free Maryam Shafi’pour!
- Disposable Victims: Laws and Practices on Gender-related Killings of Women and Girls in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- 35 Years of Forced Hijab: The Widespread and Systematic Violation of Women's Rights in Iran
- Early and Forced Marriage in the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Stolen Lives, Empty Classrooms: An Overview on Girl Marriages in Iran
- Crime and Impunity - Sexual Torture of Women in Islamic Republic Prisons